V4.2 release notes
1. V4.2 introduces two new editions of The Panorama Factory V4: the x64 Edition and the m32 Edition. The previous edition of The Panorama Factory has been renamed the Legacy Edition. All editions include the same features and capabilities (but please read note #5 below). You may install any of these editions with the same Registration Key. Please refer to The Panorama Factory Editions in Chapter 1, Introduction for descriptions of the three editions.
2. If you already have V4.0 or V4.1 installed on your computer, we recommend that you install V4.2 without uninstalling the previous version. The setup program will prompt you to remove the old version only if it is necessary to do so. The setup program preserves your Registration Key when it controls removal of the old version. If you manually remove the old version, your Registration Key will be removed also and you will have to re-enter it.
3. If you have an older version of The Panorama Factory (V1.x, V2.x or V3.x) on your computer, please read the V4.0 Release Notes for information to help you decide whether to remove the old versions before or after installing V4.2.
4. The following trouble reports are corrected in V4.2:
5. QTVR import and export are not supported in the 64-bit Panorama Factory application. QTVR format is supported through the QuickTime DLLs that are included with Apple's QuickTime viewer. These DLLs are not available in 64-bit versions. Therefore it is not possible to export QTVR format directly from the 64-bit Panorama Factory application. Fortunately, there is a workaround:
· Stitch your panorama using the 64-bit Panorama Factory application.
· Save the final image as a TIFF or BMP file.
· Before leaving The Panorama Factory, exit the Wizard, right-click the thumbnail for the cropped image and select the Panoramic properties command. Write down the VFOV values and note whether Spherical or Cylindrical is selected (it should be Cylindrical for QTVR) and note whether Vertically symmetric is selected. You'll need these settings later.
· Exit the 64-bit Panorama Factory application and start the 32-bit Panorama Factory application (included with the x64 Edition).
· Import the adjusted image back into The Panorama Factory with the Import command (File menu).
· Right-click the image and choose the Panoramic properties command. Click This is a panoramic image and then enter the values you wrote down in the earlier step. The HFOV value will be computed automatically.
· Double-click the thumbnail for the image and use the Save as command (File menu) to save the image in QTVR format.
· Image Quality Note: When a panorama is saved to QTVR, the horizontal dimension of the image must be a multiple of 96. If it is not a multiple of 96, The Panorama Factory will resize it automatically. This resizing may affect image quality if it is done as an additional step (after importing into the m32 Edition). You can avoid this resizing by making sure the panorama you save after stitching has a width that is a multiple of 96 in the first place.